quarta-feira, 5 de setembro de 2012

DIY Lip Scrub using Toothpaste!

Hey guys! So Fall is just around the corner, and with it comes the cold weather, so our lips can get super chapped and not very pretty to look at. In those days, there's nothing better than a lip scrub, but to be honest they're quite expensive and I'd rather spend my money on other stuff. That's why I like to make my own, that's what I'll talk about today.
 
If you google sugar lip srub recipes, wich I've done a billion times, they all include either clear vaseline, wich I don't have, or the classic mix of honey and olive oil. Let's be honest, it works well but smells and tastes gross. What I like to do to scrub my lips is actually use toothpaste. I've done it a few times an it works amazing, but there's nothing on youtube or blogs about it, so I decided to show you guys. Here's how I do it.
 
 
So the main ingredient is sugar. I like to use just regular sugar that you have around the house, but I guess you could use brown sugar or anything else you'd like. For my base, I replaced honey/ vaseline with toothpaste. It's not moisturizing like the original ingredients, but after I scrub my lips, I lick it off anyways, and then I use a lip balm. Make sure you use a toothpaste that isn't too thick, just thick enough. I'm using Colgate Herbal Mineral Salts. Depending on what you use, either it's mint or strawberry flavoured, just take a pea size amount and mix it with half a tbsp of the sugar you picked and mix it on the palm of your hand. Then just apply it to your lips and gently scrub them to remove the dead skin.
 
 
Srub for about a minute, and then either wash it off, or lick it if you like the flavour. I guess you could store it in the fridge or something, but it would most likely dry. Since it's so easy to make, I just do some more everytime I use it, so it's fresh and nice. For the perfect finished lips, put on some kind of lip treatment to really moisturize your lips. I'm using letibalm. This little combo will leave your lips full, soft and moisturized, with a natural pinky tint. Looks gorgeous!
 

I hope you liked my idea, let me know if you try it out! xx
-Louise

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário